Gauge Research Manager
Gauge (gauge.ai) seeks a Research Manager to join our growing, dynamic, founding team. This is a remote position, with occasional trips to Gauge's Washington, DC headquarters (when safety permits). The successful candidate will have a strong research background, love project management, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, voraciously consume cultural news, and believe deeply in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge bridges the gap between decision-makers who need to understand culture, and the diverse cultural-leaders charting its future. Led by CEO Joshua DuBois, once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama, our AI-powered platform puts the insights of cultural opinion-makers directly in the hands of those driving at some of our country’s top brands, non-profits, organizations and industries. The result? A convergence of social and business good. Top decision-makers leaders get the insight, context and nuance they need to navigate a rapidly changing cultural landscape, seize opportunity, and avoid misstep. Cultural leaders get compensated for their wisdom, and exert a direct influence on decision-making at some of the nation’s biggest, most-influential brands. All of us get great content, products, policies and services: the kind that drive progress, affirm communities, and deliver results.
About the Role
The Research Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of custom research for our core subscribers. This includes developing research concepts based on subscriber needs, working closely with our account team to ensure concepts align closely with subscriber expectations, conducting focus groups and in-depth interviews, fielding surveys, conducting analysis, and generating customer-facing reports, and reporting out on findings. The Research Manager will ensure that our research offerings exceed subscriber expectations, identify improvements to our offerings, and help us grow with subscribers over time.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional ability to communicate with clients, analyze complex information from multiple sources in order to arrive at a fact-based, rational, defensible position
- Cultural awareness –– a sense of and interest in what is happening in the world around you, and how that awareness relates to your work
- The courage to defend a position and clearly state why you arrived at your conclusion.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to drive a project from ideation to delivery
- Excellence in writing, presenting, and public speaking
- Detail orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple competing projects, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Develop Research Concepts: Listen to and understand the needs of customers, identifying opportunities to use custom research to address those needs, offer confidence in decision making, and mitigate risk.
- Research Design & Execution: Develop research designs and timelines; conduct focus groups and in-depth interviews; field studies via our research app –– Gauge Surveys.
- Analysis & Reporting: Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to answer key research objectives and address needs of customers. Generate easy-to-understand, customer-facing reports.
- Reporting & Customer Service: Report on analysis to customers. Ideate on studies, drive enthusiasm for new research among clients, and work with customer-facing team to see new studies from concept to completion.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to refine, enhance or improve our core products to better serve customers and attract new ones.
We offer competitive salary and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow. You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Pinterest, Snap, The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]