Insights & Editorial Assistant
Gauge (gauge.ai) seeks an Insights & Editorial Assistant to join our growing, dynamic, founding team. This is a remote position, with occasional trips to Gauge's Washington, DC headquarters (when safety permits). The successful candidate will have a clear, energetic writing style; love trends, research, and breaking cultural news; possess an analytic mind and extreme attention to detail; be a self-starter and team-player; believe in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
About the Role
Reporting to our Director of Insights, the Insights & Editorial Assistant will identify interesting cultural headlines and happenings that should shape the work of leading brands and organizations, draft surveys on those topics for our diverse thought-leader community, then analyze and summarize those insights. Depending on interests and experience, Insights & Editorial Assistant may eventually focus on or own specific key verticals (Gen Z, tech, beauty, AAPI community, etc.). The Assistant will also be responsible for building out client-facing reports in our platform.
- Excellent writing skills, with a particular ability to write clearly and plainly about complex topics
- Detail orientation, including proofreading and consistent production of error-free work
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Voracious cultural appetite
- Understanding of complex issues around race and identity
- A creative, entrepreneurial spark
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Identifying Cultural Moments: Each day, identify key cultural moments pertinent to each of our subscribers (leading brands across retails, CPG, content, tech, etc.)
- Survey Creation: Working closely with our Director of Insights, generate daily surveys to source thought-leader insight on key topics
- Analysis: Synthesize thought-leader insights, pulling out key quotes and general themes
- Proofreading & Editorial Support: Proofread newsletters, research reports and other deliverables, ensuring consistent, excellent deliverables.
- Report Building: Build out research reports in our (easy-to-use) research platform
We offer competitive salary and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow. You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including CVS, Target, Pinterest, Snapchat, Sephora, The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]