Vice President, Client Success
Gauge (gauge.ai) seeks a senior professional to join our growing, dynamic, founding team and help establish our Account team. This is a remote position, with occasional trips to Gauge's Washington, DC headquarters (when safety permits). The successful candidate will have a track record of excellent account management (ideally with experience in sales and growth marketing), love trends, research, and breaking cultural news, be a self-starter and team-player, and believe in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
About the Role
Our Vice President of Client Success will work directly with our community of subscribers, providing day-to-day client and account management, while building out a larger client service operation. The successful VP will deliver first-rate service and highest satisfaction among existing subscribers, grow those partnerships over time, and lay the groundwork for a best-in-class client service operation, including department structure, hiring, goals and metrics, and management. They will be energized by identifying creative new applications for our technology, and helping us dream big about the future of our company and products.
- Strong client or account management experience
- Track-record of expanding partnerships with new and current customers
- Exceptional ability to communicate, including ability to creatively problem solve
- Excellence in writing, presenting, and public speaking
- Cultural awareness: a sense of and interest in what is happening in the world around you, and how that awareness relates to your work
- Excellent project management and managerial skills, with the ability to ultimately envision, build and oversee a team of account managers
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and roll-up-my-sleeves attitudes
- Courage to defend a position and clearly state why you arrived at your conclusion.
- Detail orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple competing projects, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Account Management: Proactively engage a growing portfolio of clients, ensuring that folks have what they need, anticipating those needs, monitoring objective and intuitive/implied measurements of customer satisfaction, and generally being a single responsive point of contact to the customer.
- Research & Insights: Understand the key objectives, needs and interests of customers, and identify opportunities to leverage custom research to drive towards them. Ideate on studies, drive enthusiasm for new research among clients, and work with Gauge research team to see new studies from concept to completion.
- Growth Marketing: Identify opportunities to refine, enhance or improve our core products to better serve customers, grow with existing subscribers, and attract new ones.
- Department Leadership: Build the vision, infrastructure and operational capacity for an outstanding client success operation.
We offer competitive salary and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow. You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Target, Snapchat, Sephora, CVS Health, The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]