Vice President, Client Success
Gauge (gauge.ai) seeks a senior sales account professional to join our team and make a difference. This entails founding and establishing our account team. The successful candidate will have a track record of excellent account management (ideally with experience in sales and growth marketing), love trends, research, and breaking cultural news, be a self-starter and team-player, and believe in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity. As the Vice President of Client Success, you will set and influence the engagement strategy and bring industry and technology experience to our customers’ c-suite and points-of-contact, supporting the sales team, closing deals, and ensuring post-commit support, conversion and success. You will be accountable for the overall transformation, customer experience, and value realization for our customers. You will lead through influence and have an opinion regarding design and/or deployment considerations that focuses on what’s best for the customer and Gauge. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with teams across product areas to deliver innovative initiatives for the customer.
Gauge supports brands that contribute to a complex ecosystem of billions of users and thousands of partners around the world. Gauge bridges the gap between brands, organizations, and institutions, and the diverse cultural leaders they typically hear from too late. Gauge provides research infused with technology and innovation for partners to build compelling stories surrounding their brands—that have an impact on people’s lives.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
Recently featured in the Washington Post and founded by Joshua Dubois – once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama – the platform is now advancing game-changing initiatives and more inclusive decision making at some of the country’s leading brands: Snapchat, P&G, Sephora, and others. Check out our recent coverage on Cheddar, ABC 7, and Bloomberg.
About the Role
Our Vice President of Client Success will work directly with our community of subscribers, providing day-to-day client and account management, while building out a larger client service operation model. The successful VP will deliver first-in-class service and drive high satisfaction among existing subscribers, growing those partnerships over time, and laying the groundwork for a model client service operation, including department structure, hiring, goals and metrics, and management. An ideal leader will be energized by identifying creative new applications for our technology, and helping us dream big about the future of our company and products.
- Account Management: Proactively engage a growing portfolio of clients, ensuring that partners have what they need, anticipating those needs, monitoring objective and intuitive/implied measurements of customer satisfaction, and generally being a single responsive point of contact to the customer.
- Research & Insights: Understand the key objectives, needs and interests of customers, and identify opportunities to leverage custom research to drive towards them. Ideate on studies, drive enthusiasm for new research among clients, and work with Gauge research team to see new studies from concept to completion.
- Growth Marketing: Identify opportunities to refine, enhance or improve our core products to better serve customers, grow with existing subscribers, and attract new ones.
- Department Leadership: Build the vision, infrastructure and operational capacity for an outstanding client success operation.
- Strong client or account management experience
- Track-record of expanding partnerships with new and current customers
- Exceptional ability to communicate and adaptively influence including ability to creatively problem solve
- Executive presence in writing, facilitation, and public speaking
- Experience growing and developing talent and leading global delivery teams
- Cultural Intelligence & Awareness: a sense of and interest in what is happening in the world around you, and how that awareness relates to your work
- Excellent project management and managerial skills, with the ability to ultimately envision, build and oversee a team of account managers
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a scrappy attitude
- Data-driven decision arrival with capacity to defend a position
- Detail orientation
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing projects and deadlines
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
We offer competitive salary, medical benefits and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow and a fully, remote work environment. You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Target, Snapchat, Sephora, CVS Health, The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].