1) Information Collection
We collect personal information about you when you use the Platform. This information may be provided by you voluntarily to us, collected by us automatically, or provided to us by third-party sources.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us: We collect certain personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use the Platform. This information includes:
- Registration Information and Account Credentials. When you apply to be a Gauger, we collect your first and last name, gender, email address, country, job title, organization, photo, and the link to any professional or social media profile you provide (e.g., LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat). If you choose to provide it, we also collect information about your race or ethnicity. When you register an account after your application to be a Gauger is approved, we also collect your password for authentication and account access.
- Survey Responses. When you respond to surveys offered on our Platform, as part of the survey, we collect:
- Rewards Payment Data, including your online payment information, such as PayPal account information, to receive rewards when offered.
- Uploaded Data, including photo, audio, and video information that you may submit through the Platform.
- If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. When we send you emails, such as our newsletter or responses from our Customer Support Team, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Platform.
- If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We may also collect information automatically when you use our Platform, including information about your device, the way you use our Platform, and other information we use for analytics. This information includes:
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as an IP address.
- Platform and Usage Information, including data about features you use (such as the date and time of your visit or when you installed our application on your device), pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, streaming video services that you use (including the content you choose to watch), products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Information from Cookies or Similar Tracking Technologies, including cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. For more information about cookies and other tracking technologies, please see the Section entitled “Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools” below. For more information about how to control cookies, please see the Section entitled “Your Choices” below.
- Information Received from Third-Party Sources: We may also collect personal and other information about you from third parties. Such sources of information may include:
- Information from Third-party Service Providers. For example, if you use our Facebook or LinkedIn log-in tools, we may collect the information you choose to make publicly available through your Facebook profile such as your name, date of birth, email address, residence location, and your profile photo. If you wish to limit the information available to us and what specific information is made public through your use of such third parties services, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
- Information from our Partners or Other Third Parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or device identifiers, from our Partners or other third parties, such as data or marketing partners, and combine it with other information we have about you.
2) Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are Cookies? Cookies are small text files or other forms of data which are stored on a computer by a website and can store certain information about the internet browsing activity on that computer. When you visit our website or use the Platform again, the cookie allows the website and Platform to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
What is the duration of Cookies? We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
3) Information Use
We use the information we gather to offer and improve the Platform and our business, including to administer surveys and provide results to our Partners, to learn about the number of people who use our apps and the technology used, to assist in developing changes to our Platform, to offer more relevant surveys to you, and to detect and prevent fraud, as well as for business planning purposes. As part of the Platform, we may send you push notifications as permitted by your settings.
We retain your registration information over time in order to provide the Platform to you, including to offer you additional survey opportunities for Partners or for our internal research. If you participate in our surveys, the survey responses that you provide will be used only for market research purposes for Partners to conduct and improve their products, services, and advertising. We will not use or share your responses for direct marketing.
4) Information Sharing
We may share the personal information we collect about you as follows:
- Partners: We may share personal identifiers (including but not limited to name, occupation, and area of expertise or influence), survey responses, photos, and/or demographic information or other alphanumeric identifiers used for internal purposes with a Partner who sponsors a survey in which you participate. If you provide permission to be contacted by the Partner sponsoring a survey in which you participate, such as for research follow-up questions, then we will also share your contact information with that Partner. We may also share de-identified and aggregate data with our Partners generally.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share information with vendors and service providers that help us provide the Platform and otherwise operate our business.
- Third-Party Business Partners: We may share information to selected third-parties business partners when they send offers on our Platform for additional survey opportunities from those third parties.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures: We may access, preserve, and disclose your information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, pursuant to a court order, subpoena, warrant, in response to a government inquiry; that it is required or appropriate to respond to your requests; or to protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Platform.
- To Enforce Legal Rights: We may share information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the law or our rights or interfering with (either intentionally or unintentionally) use of our apps or services.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers: We may transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with a sale (or negotiation of sale) of stock or assets, merger, or any other change of control transaction, or in the case of a bulk or partial sale, or other transfer (including third party panelist administration) of information to another research organization / end user.
- Your instruction: We may share information with third parties that we are directed to share such information with at your request, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Platform.
- Consent: We share information with notice to you and your consent.
5) Your Rights and Choices
This section describes your choices with respect to certain information we collect.
- Updating Your Information or Deactivating Account: You may review, change or update your personal information under the “Profile” tab in your app. You can deactivate your account by deleting the Gauge application. If you deactivate your account, we will stop sending you surveys, stop collecting information through the Gauge app for devices associated with your account. After deactivation, we will keep your information in our records in case you want to reactivate, but we will not further share your information with our Partners unless you do reactivate.
- Information Deletion: You may ask us to delete your personal information from our active files by emailing us at [email protected]. We may still retain some personal information as needed for legal and recordkeeping purposes. A request to delete your personal information will not affect any information that we previously shared with affiliates or third parties as described above.
- Analytics Information: We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data to help us understand how you use our Platform. If you would like to opt-out from the use of your information by Google analytics, you may use Google’s analytics opt-out browser add-on designed for this purpose.
- Cookies: Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Platform.
- Do Not Track: Our Platform does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us. If you choose not to provide us with information we collect, some features of the Platform may not work as intended.
6) Third-Party Links
7) Security Used and Retention of Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
8) Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from individuals under the age of 13 on the Platform, and no part of our Platform is directed to children. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will endeavor to delete that information from our database. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child who is under 13 may have given us personal information, contact us at [email protected].
9) International Users
11) Contacting Us