Gauge (gauge.ai) seeks a Community Manager to join our growing founding team. This is a remote position, with occasional trips to Gauge's Washington, DC headquarters (when safety permits). The successful candidate will love people, have a knack for community- and brand-building, eagerly consume cultural news, be a self-starter and team-player, and feel committed to the pursuit of meaningful diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge bridges the gap between brands, organizations, and institutions, and the diverse cultural leaders they typically hear from too late. Recently featured in the Washington Post" and founded by Joshua Dubois – once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama – the platform is now advancing game-changing initiatives and more inclusive decision making at some of the country’s leading brands: Snapchat, P&G, Sephora, and others. Check out our recent coverage on CheddarABC 7, and Bloomberg.
About the Role
Our Community Manager will be the convener, caretaker and quarterback for our growing community of “Gaugers:” 12,000+ cultural thought leaders, influencers and opinion-makers who share their wisdom on Gauge every day. Reporting to our Associate Managing Director, as Community Manager, you’ll be responsible for cultivating 1:1 and small group relationships, managing any customer service issues, hosting virtual (and eventually live!) gatherings, recruiting new influencers to grow our community, and identifying opportunities to improve their experience and our platform overall.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to influence and motivate others, and a knack for relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write compelling emails, newsletters, and copy
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to drive a project from ideation to delivery
- Detail orientation
- A creative, entrepreneurial spark
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to manage up, problem solve, and operate comfortably in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Cultural awareness – a sense of and interest in what is happening in the world, and how that awareness relates to your work
- Ability to juggle multiple competing projects, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Community Cultivation: Manage the experience of the 12,000+ influencers in our community, ensuring individuals are engaged regularly, satisfied with their experience, understand the impact of their contribution, and inclined to continue to contribute.
- Communication: Manage our calendar of Gauge communications, including emails, and newsletters, regularly reporting out on the effectiveness of those tools.
- Customer Service: Manage day-to-day issues with Gaugers, ensuring high community satisfaction and building systems to improve efficiency.
- Special Events: Develop and execute a plan for regularly engaging influencers in virtual (and eventually live) events.
Influencer Recruitment: Grow our influencers community, directly identifying, engaging and securing influencers and thought leaders whose insights belong on Gauge.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to refine, enhance or improve our core products to better serve and grow our influencers community.
We offer competitive salary and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow. You'll be on the ground floor of a Black-owned tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Snapchat, Sephora, P&G The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].