Gauge Software Engineer
Gauge (gauge.ai) seeks a Software Engineer who can own projects from their inception, starting with nothing more than an idea. You will be designing both frontend and backend architectures, while promoting secure engineering practices in a fast-paced development environment.
This is a remote position, with occasional trips to Gauge's Washington, DC headquarters (when safety permits). The successful candidate will be excited about building something new, have an interest in culture, and feel committed to the pursuit of meaningful diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge bridges the gap between brands, organizations, and institutions, and the diverse cultural leaders they typically hear from too late. Recently featured in the Washington Post and founded by Joshua Dubois – once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama – the platform is now advancing game-changing initiatives and more inclusive decision making at some of the country’s leading brands: Snapchat, P&G, Sephora, and others. Check out our recent coverage on Cheddar, ABC 7, and Bloomberg.
About the Role
You’ll work closely with our Engineering Lead and Chief Product Officer to build, maintain, and set the product vision for the future of Gauge.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience designing and building backend web services using several languages and frameworks, including:
- React Native
- PHP Laravel 7.x
- Experience debugging, optimizing and identifying failure modes in a large-scale web application.
- REST API design skills.
- History of contributing to a dev community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing.
- A mindset for long-term solutions
- Open and honest communication
- A love for your craft with a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things.
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion.
Projects you may work on in the first 6 months
- Mobile app rebuild
- Deploying new features to analytics dashboard
- Process automation
We offer competitive salary and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow. You'll be on the ground floor of a Black-owned tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Snapchat, Sephora, P&G, and The CW Network.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit portfolio or resume to [email protected].