Gauge (gauge.ai) seeks an Insights Strategist to join our growing, dynamic, founding team. This is a remote position, with occasional trips to Gauge's Washington, DC headquarters (when safety permits). The successful candidate will have a track record of excellent client service/ account management, ideally with experience in sales and growth marketing; love trends, research, and breaking cultural news; be a self-starter and team-player; believe in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
About the Role
The Insights Strategist will work directly with subscribers to our flagship product – NXTLAB by Gauge – the first-ever enterprise-level cultural navigator. Managing a portfolio of 2-5 leading brands, the Insights Strategies will be responsible for understanding the brand and research needs of our core customers, delivering exceptional client service, identifying creative new applications for our technology, and helping us grow with customers and continue to evolve our product.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong client or account management experience
- Exceptional ability to communicate with clients, analyze complex information from multiple sources in order to arrive at a fact-based, rational, defensible position
- Excellence in writing, presenting, and public speaking
- Cultural awareness – a sense of and interest in what is happening in the world around you, and how that awareness relates to your work
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to drive a project from ideation to delivery
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and roll-up-my-sleeves sensibility required to be part of a founding team
- Courage to defend a position and clearly state why you arrived at your conclusion.
- Detail orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple competing projects, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Account Management: Proactively engage a growing portfolio of clients, ensuring that folks have what they need, anticipating those needs, monitoring objective and intuitive/implied measurements of customer satisfaction, and generally being a single responsive point of contact to the customer.
- Research & Insights: Understand the key objectives, needs and interests of customers, and identify opportunities to leverage custom research to drive towards them. Ideate on studies, drive enthusiasm for new research among clients, and work with Gauge research team to see new studies from concept to completion.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to refine, enhance or improve our core products to better serve customers, grow with existing subscribers, and attract new ones.
We offer competitive salary and a dynamic, small, supportive team based with ample opportunity to grow. You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Target, CVS, A+E Networks, Pinterest, Snapchat, Sephora, The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].