Gauge (gauge.ai) is seeking a Community Recruitment Coordinator to join our growing, dynamic, founding team. The successful candidate will have a knack for relationship building, excellent communication skills, an energetic personality with a creative spirit, attention to detail, be a self-starter and team-player; believe in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge supports brands that contribute to a complex ecosystem of billions of users and thousands of partners around the world. Gauge bridges the gap between brands, organizations, and institutions, and the diverse cultural leaders they typically hear from too late. Gauge provides research infused with technology and innovation for partners to build compelling stories surrounding their brands—that have an impact on people’s lives.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
Recently featured in the Washington Post and founded by Joshua Dubois – once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama – the platform is now advancing game-changing initiatives and more inclusive decision making at some of the country’s leading brands: Snapchat, P&G, Sephora, and others. Check out our recent coverage on Cheddar, ABC 7, and Bloomberg.
About the Role
Supporting the Community Team, the Community Fellow will play an integral role in the growth and retention of our community of 12,000+ thought leaders including; researching thought-leaders and influencers across key communities for recruitment, building lists, tracking progress and planning and executing community events.
- Outgoing social extrovert that thrives on the energy of others.
- Strong communications skills including public speaking and writing
- Detail and customer service orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple competing projects, deadlines and priorities
- Ability to operate independently, proactively raising questions, issues or concerns
- Cultural awareness –– a sense of interest in what is happening in the world, and how that awareness relates to your work
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Community Cultivation: Research thought-leaders and influencers across key communities for recruitment, building lists, tracking progress, and preparing report
- Customer Service: Managing customer service inquiries and building processes to improve customer service process and flow
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to refine, enhance or improve our core products to better serve and grow our influencers community.
Fellow will complete ~20 hours work/ week, over a 16-week fellowship. Course credit available as applicable.
You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Target, Snapchat, Sephora, CVS Health, The CW network, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].