Gauge Consortium Researcher
Project-based role (15-25 hours a month) with potential to transition into a full-time position
Gauge (gauge.ai) is seeking a Research Consortium Fellow to join our growing community of researchers who contribute to specific project engagements. The successful candidate will have: a clear and energetic writing style, an analytic mind, a knack for unearthing emerging cultural trends, extreme attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a self-starter and team player that believes in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge supports brands that contribute to a complex ecosystem of billions of users and thousands of partners around the world. Gauge bridges the gap between brands, organizations, and institutions, and the diverse cultural leaders they typically hear from too late. Gauge provides research infused with technology and innovation for partners to build compelling stories surrounding their brands—that have an impact on people’s lives.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
Recently featured in the Washington Post and founded by Joshua Dubois – once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama – the platform is now advancing game-changing initiatives and more inclusive decision-making at some of the country’s leading brands: Snapchat, P&G, Sephora, and others. Check out our recent coverage on Cheddar, ABC 7, and Bloomberg.
- 4+ years of writing and/or research experience, with ability to write plainly and clearly about complex topics
- Highly analytical and perceptive with particular skills to dig into the nuance and underlying factors driving trends
- Detail orientation, including proofreading and consistent production of error-free work
- Enthusiasm for feedback, iterative processes, and team collaboration
- Cultural awareness –– interest in what is happening in the world around you, and how that’s shaping the wider cultural landscape
- Understanding of complex issues around race and identity
- Tech savvy and enthusiastic about using emerging technologies in project-based work
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Research Analysis: Understand the key objectives, needs and interests of clients and synthesize thought-leader insights, pulling out key quotes and themes –– exploring the “why” behind current or emerging cultural trends
- Survey Creation: Build out research reports in our (easy-to-use) research platform
- Report Building: Share research findings and provide contextual color commentary with the Insights team and clients
You'll be on the ground floor of a tech company with tons of opportunity, already serving clients including Target, CVS, A+E Networks, Pinterest, Snapchat, Sephora, and more.
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, 2-3 writing samples and resume to [email protected].