Research & Insights Manager
Gauge (gauge.ai) is seeking a Research & Insights Lead to join our growing, dynamic, founding team. The successful candidate will have: a clear and energetic writing style, an analytic mind, a knack for unearthing emerging cultural trends, extreme attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a self-starter and team player that believes in the central importance of diversity, equity and inclusivity.
Gauge supports brands that contribute to a complex ecosystem of billions of users and thousands of partners around the world. Gauge bridges the gap between brands, organizations, and institutions, and the diverse cultural leaders they typically hear from too late. Gauge provides research infused with technology and innovation for partners to build compelling stories surrounding their brands—that have an impact on people’s lives.
Gauge is a fast-growing, Black-owned tech start-up empowering brands and organizations to achieve both social and business benefit. Our flagship product, NXTLAB by Gauge, creates a direct line of communication between those brands and organizations and the diverse, leading cultural voices they typically hear from too late. In an era of big, lofty promises on values, impact and inclusivity, the technology equips decision-makers to avoid missteps and deliver in meaningful ways.
Recently featured in the Washington Post and founded by Joshua Dubois – once “pastor in chief” to former President Obama – the platform is now advancing game-changing initiatives and more inclusive decision-making at some of the country’s leading brands: Snapchat, P&G, Sephora, and others. Check out our recent coverage on Cheddar, ABC 7, and Bloomberg.
- 4+ years of writing and/or research experience, with demonstrated ability to write plainly and clearly about complex topics
- Highly analytical and perceptive with particular ability to dig into the nuance and underlying factors driving trends
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing deadlines, objectives and priorities
- Cultural awareness –– interest in what is happening in the world around you, and how that’s shaping the wider cultural landscape
- Understanding of complex issues around race and identity
- Ability to operate independently, problem solve and proactively raise questions, issues or concerns
- Detail orientation, including proofreading and consistent production of error-free work
- Enthusiasm for feedback, iterative processes, and team collaboration
- Excellent presenting and public speaking skills
- Tech savvy and enthusiastic about using emerging technologies in day-to-day work
- Commitment to kindness, innovation, impact and inclusion
- Research Design: Working closely with our Director of Insights and Account Management team, develop mixed-method research plans tailored to client needs (survey-based, as well as focus group, IDIs, etc.)
- Research Analysis: Analyze and synthesize findings from surveys, focus groups and IDIs. Draft clear, comprehensive research reports that address the research objectives and deliver tangible, concrete direction.
- Research Debrief: Play a key role in client calls, including leading research debriefs and/or providing context or additional insights on findings
- Report Building: Build out research reports in our (easy-to-use) research platform
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, 2-3 writing samples and your resume to [email protected]